IESA summit on ways to boost Indian battery manufacturing, support giga factories
The India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) inaugurated its third annual India Battery Manufacturing and Supply Chain Summit (IBMSCS) in Hyderabad today, kickstarting a two-day fest designed to foster discussions on domestic battery manufacturing capability and support development of a holistic ecosystem for Indian giga factories.
The summit aims to chart a comprehensive roadmap for the growth of the sector, from battery production and supply chain dynamics to technology advancements, policy frameworks, and sustainability practices such as recycling and circular economy.
Attendees, who include industry leaders, policymakers, think tanks, and subject matter experts, can expect insights into the global race for giga factories and lithium-ion cell manufaturing opportunities in India, as well as detailed talks on the manufacturing of iithium-ion anodes, and how the manufacturing of LFP cathodes can make India self-reliant in the battery chain.
The summit is organized under the aegis of the India Battery Manufacturing and Supply Chain Council, an initiative launched by IESA in December 2021. The council's key focus areas include:
- Raw materials and supply chain development, with a special emphasis on exploring critical materials/minerals, refining, and chemical processing.
- Facilitating large-scale manufacturing, encompassing ACC manufacturing, component manufacturing, and urban mining.
- Development of domestic technology for manufacturing, including equipment and machinery.
- Promotion of research and development in both existing and emerging battery technologies.
- Recommendations for appropriate policy and regulatory frameworks at both the Central and State levels.
- Promotion of skill development and capacity-building programs to enhance the workforce in the sector.
- IESA looks forward to fostering a collaborative environment at IBMSCS 2024, bringing together diverse perspectives and expertise to drive the battery manufacturing and supply chain sector towards a sustainable and innovative future.