Auto Expo 2023: EVs, Hydrogen vehicles are silverlings of the Motor Show
India's leading automotive vehicle fair 'Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2023' in Greater Noida manifested a future-ready perspective. The show that opened to media today had an overarching theme 'Explore the World of Mobility', which resonated the industry's vision towards safer, cleaner, connected, greener and shared mobility for a sustainable future.
Organized by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), the apex body of automotive OEMs in the country, is happening after a break of three years. The expo apparently expressed a very different outlook this year with a host of alternative, cleaner propulsion technologies for almost all segments of vehicles, from flex-fuel technologies, natural gas, hybrids, battery-electrics, hydrogen ICE technologies, and hydrogen fuel-cell systems.
For instance, India's leading car maker Maruti Suzuki unveiled its first-ever electric concept SUV EVX at the show, while also committing itself to embracing cleaner engine technologies in a big scale, especially in the mass-market passenger car segments.
MG Motors came up with a variety of electric cars from its future line-up and hydrogen fuel cell MPV- EUNIQ 7 on day 2 of the expo. Hyundai displayed its latest Ionic 5 and Ionic 6 electric models at the expo. BYD exhibited its entire EV range, followed by Kia's concept EV SUV.
Tata Motors launched India's first all wheel drive electric SUV 'Harrier EV', along with a display of an array of battery-electric cars and commercial vehicles.
Some of the other highlights of the Auto Expo Motor Show 2023 are as following:
- Ashok Leyland displayed seven advanced mobility solutions, including an electric midi-truck and fuel-cell electric heavy truck.
- Switch Mobility showcased next-generation carbon-neutral electric bus and light commercial vehicles.
- Ultraviolette displayed its F77 e-bike, and announced its foray into the world of high-speed racing with the unveiling of the F99 Factory Racing platform.
- Cummins Group made a debut with the commercial vehicle industry's first fuel-agnostic platform and its diverse range of Hydrogen Technologies power solutions for heavy applications.
- TORK Motors unveiled an all-new electric motorcycle – KRATOS X.
- Atul Greentech made its foray into the electric space with the unveiling of two E3Ws - Atul Mobili and Atul Energie.
- Hexall Motors launched the Mammoth Series of electric cargo L5 and electric passenger L5 vehicles with highest payload and passenger capacity in its segment.
- Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV) debuted India's longest 13.5m electric intercity coach and the Eicher Pro 2049 electric 4.9 T GVW truck.
- Volvo and Eicher also showcased smart sustainability by showing hydrogen ICE and hydrogen fuel cell technologies.
- SUN Mobility launched two revolutionary and future proof electric mobility solutions – SwapX, a compact station for EV Revolution and S2.1, a next-gen battery pack at the show.
- Jupiter Electric Mobility (IM) debuted the e-LCVs - JEM TEZ of 2.2 Ton GVW and EV STAR CC of 7 Ton GVW at the Auto Expo.
- WardWizard unveils high-speed e-scooter 'MIHOS' and city electric motorcycle 'Rockefeller' concept, along with a E3W at the show.
- MTA EV debuts in E3Ws (L5 category), which are claimed as India's first automatic dual-speed transmission electric three-wheelers.
- Motovolt unveiled indigenous smart and multi- purpose e-scooter 'URBN' at the expo.
- Corrit Electric launched B2B focused delivery electric bike 'Transit'.
The motor show will see more product launches in the clean mobility space today on the day 2 of media preview. The expo opens for business visitors and public from 13th January.