2 minutes reading time (346 words)

JSW Energy's arm signs agreement for 250MW/500MWh standalone battery energy storage system

Image for representation purposes only.

JSW Energy Ltd on Tuesday announced that its 100% step-down subsidiary, JSW Renew Energy Five Ltd has signed a battery energy storage purchase agreement (BESPA) for a 250MW/500MWh standalone battery energy storage system.

This is the first project of 250 MW/500 MWh standalone battery energy storage system out of the total awarded project capacity of 500MW /1,000MWh standalone battery energy storage systems (two projects each of 250 MW / 500 MWh) awarded by the Solar Energy Corporation of India.

The company will be entitled to receive a fixed capacity charge of ₹10.8 lakhs per MW per month for twelve years. SECI's obligation shall be limited to 60% of the project capacity/energy and the remaining 40% of the project capacity is to be managed by JSW Energy.

JSW Energy has a total locked-in generation capacity of 11 GW, comprising 7.2 GW operational, 2.6 GW under construction across wind, thermal, and hydro, and LoAs for 1.2 GW.

After this, the company signed PPA for 500 MWh out of the total 3.4 GWh of locked-in energy storage capacity by means of a battery energy storage system and hydro-pumped storage project.

JSW aims to become a 20GW generating company with 40GWh of storage by 2030. The latest battery energy storage agreement is in line with JSW Energy's long-term strategy to transition towards an energy products and solutions company.

...

SECI commissions India's largest BESS project in Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh -  

India has successfully commissioned the country's largest energy storage project, a 40 MW / 120 MWh battery energy storage system (BESS) connected to a 152 MWh solar photovoltaic plant at Rajnandgaon in the central state of Chhattisgarh. The commissioning was done by Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI), which functions under the aegis of the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. Tata Power served as the engineering, procurement and construction contractor for the project, which was part funded by the World Bank.
Author : Shraddha Kakade
arrow_back GM fuel cell pilot program targets hydrogen-based ...
arrow_forward Power to Hydrogen demos first-ever industrial-scal...